

And here we sit.... me, jim, miller, holly...and the dogs!!! Laughing, talking, throwing the ball to the dogs.... trying to find out about miller's weekend at the lake... and it hits me... Holly is here!!! moved in, back home, took a long hot bath, which was always her favorite thing to do here!!!! and she had helped us clean out all of her dorm stuff from the attic today!!! in the 100 degree heat!!! I think we sweated off atleast.... 2 lbs?? maybe?? I sure hope so!! My back hurts, I'm exhausted beyond belief....and then I look over at my precious baby girl on her laptop in her pink Seaside t-shirt....and my heart is glad!!!!! Ok.... enough reminiscing!!!! I'm glad she still WANTS to come home and sit with us and that we are still as close as we are!!! I'm GLAD that Brad was chosen to go into the interim management program with Chik-fil-A... I'm glad that they are so in love and that they choose to move forward with their married lives!!!! I would be a fool to not want that for them!!!! Thank You, Lord for allowing them this opportunity!!!!! I have cried myself to sleep many a night while I couldn't talk about this opportunity for them.... I've felt sorry for myself... VERY sorry for myself!! But most of all.... I am so very proud of them and so thankful that God blessed Holly with Brad for a husband!! His birthday is today!! Which is making it harder for Holly!!! She made him the best breakfast this morning and instead of crying (like I would have done at her age!) she came over and we have truly moved a mountain!!!!! We packed them up yesterday... there is still much to do!!! We cleaned out our attic and some closets... and we anticipate them living here for a brief while before Brad is told where he will be.... I know it all seems strange and a bit CIAish.... it does to us atleast!!! But Brad has done a great job with this company and we are so proud of him for being chosen to move forward!!!! What my friends need to pray for is that my selfishness of wanting them to remain in Birmingham would be changed to my excitement of what lies ahead for them!!!! One of my main fears is that I am losing my best friend besides my husband!! The best friend of my youngest son.... the encourager of my husband, oldest son and family, etc..... basically, the core of our family!!! I'm sad that she had to give up her wonderful kindergarten teaching job at Briarwood... the dream job she truly lived for!!!! I'm just plain sad and I'm glad I can finally say it!!!! However... I learned a very long time ago that God turns sadness into singing.... sorrow into Joy and that no matter what we want.... HIS BEST IS ALWAYS BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't want anything in my life that isnt ordained by Him!!! its just not worth it!!!! Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those that love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Psalms 9:10 "Those who know your name will trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You"
Lord, help us through these next few weeks, months, possibly even years!!! We want to glorify you!!!!
Wow!! Powerful words and so well put!! I am praying for all of you!! Love to all!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Judy!!! I love you and treasure your friendship... not only as an Aunt.. but as a true friend!!! I am praying for you as well!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe how far we've all come and all that we've experienced! Part of my says I wouldnt trade it for the world...that is the nice part of me!! and the rational part!! The other part wants to say... "Hey! you..... I will be nice and not finish this comment!
ReplyDelete