Voting
Monday, August 16, 2010
Can't believe summer is over!!!
Where did the time go??? It flew by as we all tried to catch up to it!!!! Thats what I feel like... it doesn't matter what you are going through... moving, kids going to college, change of jobs, death in the family.... just life!!!!! Its the night before Miller starts his junior year in high school.... Holly has been here all weekend for Jordan's wedding.... how can all of this be over??? I'm sad... and yet I'm glad... my body is aching its so tired. I guess i'm truly getting old! The fact is.... life is hard right now... but its also fun!!! Its tiring... but its also invigorating!!!!! I think this is how God intended it to be.... we are moving forth... and yet I'm trying to hang back!!! I don't want to grow old...(looking that is!!!) I don't want to be that couple that can't hear each other and keeps yelling...."What did you say??" and yet... that is what we are becoming!!!! Somebody needs to sign me up for Zumba or something!!!! I can't give into this feeling of giving up and becoming old!!! And yet it almost feels easy!!! Oh well... I know I have a wonderful loving husband and we are about to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary!!!! Praise the Lord!!!! I couldn't ask for a better husband, friend, soul mate... etc... I am truly blessed!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Carolyn, we're right there with you!! Resisting growing older, yet, at the same time, enjoying every minute! We're certainly missing our "full house"...all summer it looked like we were having a party around here (because there were so many cars) and now they're all gone :-( But I know this is how it has to be...AND this is how it needs to be! I think it is partly so hard because our role as "mom" changes a bit. We know how to cook boatloads of food, do tons of laundry, carpool to every known sporting event, etc....but this slower pace takes a little adjusting :-)
ReplyDelete