Voting

Monday, April 25, 2011

My Easter Ham!

Before
 We had such a wonderful Easter lunch at Tom and MaryAnne's house yesterday...we even branched out this year and Tom grilled a whole beef tenderloin that was divine and of course all of the side didhes we had were so delicious! MaryAnne is such a wonderful cook that I've never had anything over there that I didn't just love!
But....all week my mom has been talking about making the Barefoot Contessa's recipe for a ham!
During

So...after we were extremely full and had taken a quick "nap" we hurried over to the Parkway to enjoy the rest of the day and to walk off a couple of those calories we had just devoured!
After

 It was during that walk that I knew...I had to make that ham that had been haunting me all week!!! Who does that? and after Easter lunch mind you!!! I said that to the checkout girl and she said, "You wouldn't believe how many hams I've sold today!" So...I used Miller's need for lunches this week to make it justifiable!!! Seriously....we dove right into it when it came out of the oven!!! It was divine!!!!

1 fully cooked spiral cut ham ( Or score it yourself )
1 9 oz jar mango chutney
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 C dijon mustard
zest of one orange
1/4 C freshly squeezed orange juice
1 C light brown sugar, packed

place ham in a large, heavy roasting pan. Mix all other ingredients well and pour glaze over the ham. Bake at 350 for an hour, spooning glaze over the ham several times during cooking. Bake until heated through and glaze is browned slightly.

6 comments:

  1. oh yum!!! looks great and mango is just plain my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it was a hit? I usually love Ina's recipes, but the thought of mango chutney is something I don't care for. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Nothing like a fresh-cooked ham! Freeze the ham bone and then try this recipe one day: http://otterhill.blogspot.com/2011/02/cheap-eats-beans-and-rivals.html

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all of your food looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I hope you had a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank ya'll very much! Still struggling from the tornadoes with power issues, etc....will let you know more later on!!

    ReplyDelete