What a fun time we had this year at our Christmas Party! And to top it off I had a brand new dish to make....usually I ask everyone, " Did we have Lemon Chicken last year or Pork Tenderloin?" This year though...I brought out a dish that I had actually written about last year and for some reason never posted it! So....I'm posting a picture or two from the party and the recipe for the Ravioli Lasagna as well! Of course... we had a wonderful salad that Brenda and Andrea made, appetizers to die for from Jean Anne and Susan and the best dessert of all by Sally and Melanie the White Chocolate Bread Pudding! Maybe I will post that tomorrow night! Hope you enjoy the Ravioli Lasagna!

This dish makes alot.... this amount actually made 2 ( 8 x 11 casserole dishes or 1 9 x 13 and 1 8x8) use your own judgement!
2 Packages Celentano frozen beef ravioli cooked according to pkg instructions
6 T butter
2 8 oz pkgs sliced fresh mushrooms
6 green onions, chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp dried italian seasoning
3 10 oz cans of original rotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained
3-4 T chopped fresh basil
3 Cups whipping cream (oh My!!!)
1 Cup grated parmesean cheese (canned)
1 tsp salt
melt butter, add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients: saute until mushrooms are tender. Stir in rotel and basil, whisk in whipping cream slowly so as not to separate. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally. Whisk in parmesean cheese and salt. Toss with ravioli until coated. Put in greased casserole dishes: Top with Marinara sauce, ( can swirl both sauces together if desired) Bake 350 covered with foil a good 30 minutes or until bubbly. Can have extra Marinara sauce on the side to spoon on individual servings.
Marinara Sauce
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 TBS olive oil
3 15 oz cans petite diced tomatoes
3 TBS tomato paste
1-2 TBS fresh basil
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
Saute garlic and onion in oil. add tomatoes and let simmer 20 minutes or longer. Add rest of ingredients and let simmer 15 minutes. Mash with potato masher. Simmer 20 minutes longer.

Looks fabulous, Carolyn! Trying soon.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
xoxo
YUM!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm a new reader. This recipe looks delicious. Thinking of trying it for a dinner party in a few weeks. What are the kabobs pictured? Can you recommend a salad to go along? Do you think it needs another side dish? Thanks so much!
ReplyDelete