Voting

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Gourmet Grilled Chicken Enchiladas


I don't know if it's just me or is everyone having a difficult time thinking of new things to make for dinner all of a sudden? I worked really hard for several months on the cookbook I did for my family and I guess I got really burned out! Finally, something sounded good to me again! And…I got smart and grilled a lot of chicken at one time so I wouldn't have to worry about the "main ingredient" for the new few dinners! Anything that saves me time in the kitchen now is a huge help! The first night we just had grilled chicken and some side dishes…I don't even remember what they were honestly! Then…that spark of wanting to get creative in the kitchen began to happen! Slow at first…but when googling and pinning recipes something finally clicked! We had it last night and my mom was here as well…we all declared them to be the Best Chicken Enchiladas Ever!


I hate that I forgot to take pictures at the very beginning of this process but here is the filling before being rolled up in the soft flour tortilla. I used whole wheat you don't have to!



Just look at this beautiful cilantro! There's really nothing like the flavor fresh cilantro can give to a dish! I think I will be planting some in my garden this year for sure!


I only made half of the recipe because Miller wasn't going to be here eating dinner so I figured I could make half last night and half another night! Good thinking, huh?


Now they are almost ready to go into the oven!


After a while I just had to take a peak!


And there they are! Not the best picture in the world but trust me on this one! They are definitely the Best Chicken Enchiladas in the world! To us at least!


And yes…here it is!! The secret ingredient that I was shocked by! Not really shocked…just surprised!

Here is the recipe!

GOURMET CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

6 large chicken breasts
1 large onion chopped finely
10 large flour tortillas (or use low carb wheat tortillas)
2 T butter
1 can rotel diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro
1/4 cup sliced jalapeneos-optional
3 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
1 8 oz. brick cream cheese softened
1 pint sour cream
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
1/2-1 tsp Cavenders greek seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 pkg cream of chicken Cup-o-Soup
Boil chicken in lightly salted water until tender. Dice and set aside.
In large saucepan, saute onions until tender. Stir in Rotel, diced
chicken, 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, cream cheese, 1 cup of the sour
cream, 1 T cilantro, Cavenders, and garlic powder.

Taste the mixture and add more seasonings, if needed.

Grease large casserole dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Fill each tortilla with 1/2 cup (approximately) chicken mixture and roll up. Lay filled
tortillas into casserole with seams on the bottom.

In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the other cup of sour cream,
the dry Cup-o-Soup contents, chili powder, and 1 cup hot tap water
until smooth and creamy.

Pour soup mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with 2 cups Colby Jack
cheese, and the other T of cilantro. Lay jalapenos on top if desired.

Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly
browned. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
*just remember that I grilled my chicken which is totally up to you!
I grilled 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in this marinade:
1/4 C olive oil
1/4 C lemon juice
1/2 T Cavender's Greek Seasoning or more!
1-2 t Dale's Steak marinade

Hope you enjoy them as much as we did! Maybe this can start round two of the next edition of "Collections"! 


We shall see! Have a great week!


2 comments:

  1. Carolyn-
    This looks amazing!
    I still can't get over the fact that this is your cookbook. So proud of you!
    Happy Tuesday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa! I promise it really is divine! Can't wait for the leftovers! Hope you are doing well! Thanks for always being my "cheerleader"! You are super sweet and I truly appreciate your friendship!

      Delete