Voting

Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Sweetest Things Sunday! Sweet, Sweet Faith!

"Faith is the gap between where we are and where we see God taking us!"
That was the opening statement in the sermon I listened to just a few hours ago.

 For those of you that have read this blog for any length of time you are fully aware that we have been on a two year "journey" of sorts with Holly and Brad and all of their moves with work, etc..This week we will begin a new chapter and although we don't yet know the outcome we do know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are in the palm of His hands and there is no better place to be! When I looked back at my old posts, I realized that even though I thought I was truly trusting in God and His sovereignty for their lives as well as ours, I was really pretty much begging and pleading for my own way! After listening to a fabulous sermon today at church, and then another one by Crawford Loritts on the radio, I was reminded once again through Abraham's journey in the wilderness that this journey we are on is one that should be heaven focused... and that if we are living that way then no matter what the circumstances in our lives are, we can be completely at peace knowing that we are in the place He wants us to be in! Waiting on the Lord is not passive indifference…it means that we are living a life that is engaging with God and we are moving along with Him to our final destination.  We may not get the answers we want or even get them in this lifetime  but we are always in the process of growing in our faith and trusting that He has a much bigger picture in mind than I do!



One of Crawford's last statements in his sermon on faith was this, " We are to raise our family ( children ) to go…to leave…to move with God and to have an understanding that the greatest thing you can ever do in your life is to glorify God even if it makes some people unhappy!" Yes, I cried! But I get it! I really, really do and it's really, really freeing! 
   Recently I saw this in a commentary on knowing God's will and having true peace and it was as simple as this, "If you had to select only five or six verses you would pray every morning which ones would they be?" The author chose these verses and I thought it was a great place to start!
Psalms 86:11 HCSB
Teach me Your way, Lord,
and I will live by Your truth.
Give me an undivided mind to fear Your name.
Luke 9:23 HCSB
If anyone wants to come with Me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow Me.

Luke 11:3 HCSB
Give us each day our daily bread.
Matthew 6:33 HCSB
seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness
Luke 22:42 HCSB
“…not My will, but Yours, be done.”
Colossians 1:11-12 NRSV
may you be prepared to endure everything with patience, while joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has enabled you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light.
Psalm 19:14 HCSB
May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable to You,
Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.

If you want to hear Crawford's sermon you can listen to it here. It's really, really worth it! As is making this incredible cake that I'm leaving you with for today's Sweetest Things Sunday!


Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!



Here is your Sunday Sweet!


Kahlua Chocolate Cake with Homemade Chocolate Sauce



1 box pudding recipe devil's food cake mix
1/2 C sugar
1/3 C oil
3 eggs
3/4 C water
1/4 C bourbon
1/2 C kahlua
3/4 C strong brewed black coffee
2 t cocoa
1/3 C chocolate chips
1/2 C butter
1 C sugar
1/3 C evaporated milk
1 1/2 C chocolate chips
mix cake mix, sugar, oil, eggs, water, bourbon, kalua , coffee and cocoa together in a mixer for 4 minutes atleast!!!
Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Let cool 10-20 minutes and put on a cake plate.
Heat butter, sugar, and evaporated milk in a saucepan. Boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly! Add chocolate chips quickly. Wisk till smooth and pour over cake.
Serve with vanilla ice cream ( or ice cream of choice!) and homemade chocolate sauce!!!
Yummy!!!!!

Homemade Chocolate Sauce

2 T butter
4 squares unsweetened chocolate
1 C sugar
dash salt
1 large can evaporated milk
melt butter and chocolate together and add sugar, stir or wisk till melted..... add dash salt, gradually add evaporated milk. Let simmer at a low boil for 2 minutes....stirring...do not let burn!!!! add 1 t vanilla when done.....
This is the best in the world!!! It is Jim's mother's recipe!!! She is KNOWN for her chocolate!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the inspiration, Carolyn. We all need to put more faith in the Lord. It is difficult to turn everything over, but it is the only way.
    This cue looks amazing! Will add this to my recipe box.
    Happy Monday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete