I bet you thought when you read this title "I wonder what in the world is SHE thinking!"
If so…you are right! 'She' isn't thinking!
She is just trying to come up with a catchy title for a mid week dinner blog post!
It's not always that easy to do but in this case…it sort of makes since. At least..to me it does!
You see…I always make TWICE the amount of sauce that any recipe calls for because my family might as well be called the "sauce hoarders".
We may even be arrested one day for requesting or taking too much sauce to go with anything and everything! You name it…The Tavern's Honey Mustard, Chick Fil A's Polynesian Sauce, CPK's Ranch Dressing…I could go on and on!
It's a bit ridiculous!
So, when I found this recipe on my own Pinterest board that I had pinned a long time ago…I knew it would need extra sauce! I didn't make extra at first mind you…I just panicked at the end!
(you can see that recipe HERE!)
(you can see that recipe HERE!)
Because I was too sore from Pure Barre yesterday I didn't go back this morning which gave me plenty of time to put this meal together before work so that I could just pop it in the oven once I got home. It looks yummy here and it was doing great in the oven. After 20 minutes I decided we needed more sauce! Go figure! So I made another batch and poured it on as I basted it. It couldn't have been any more delicious! I'm not sure I would make this again for the just the two of us…but I would definitely make it again to impress a crowd! It reminded me of being in Provence…it was very similar to a dish that we were served at the Bastide Rose. What a wonderful meal we had there!
I simply added mashed potatoes and green beans…so simple! The sauce is divine! Especially when it is doubled! "Once Bitten Twice Shy…or…I'm Just A Saucy Kinda Gal." Not sure which title should've been chosen. All I know is this meal was delightful!
No wonder it won first place on The Chew!
No wonder it won first place on The Chew!
Try it and let me know your thoughts!
"The Chew's" Baked Artichoke Chicken
4 bone in/skin on chicken breasts
1 lb. button mushrooms, halved and rinsed
1 small to medium onion, sliced thickly
1 can artichoke hearts drained and halved
2 T brown mustard
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C olive oil
1/4 C red wine vinegar
1/4 C white wine
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. dried tarragon
1 bay leaf
kosher salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place cut up onions, artichokes and mushrooms in the bottom of a medium sized baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place rinsed and dried chicken breasts on top of vegetables. Mix remaining ingredient together with a whisk and pour over top of chicken. Bake uncovered, basting often for one hour. ( this is where my extra batch of sauce came in handy. I would just pour it over gradually as it cooked as well as spooning some of the sauce from the bottom of the pan on top of the chicken and the vegetables.) You don't have to make extra sauce! I just wanted to! It was all delicious…especially with a side of mashed potatoes!





Oh my gosh, this looks and sounds wonderful, Carolyn! trying this one for sure!
ReplyDeleteTeresa
xoxo