Does your family have certain traditions for each holiday? I know mine sure does! We love to celebrate the 4th with plenty of barbecue and usually a wonderful blueberry or blackberry cobbler before watching the fireworks show in any given location. This year I plan to make a Strawberry Cake! I made it the other day for a dear friend's birthday and it was such a hit and so festive looking that I'm going to make it again in just a few days for our 4th of July celebration.
The fresh strawberries baked right into the yummy cake batter made my house smell amazing!
I'm all about my house smelling yummy when something is baking!
It's such a comforting feeling for some reason!
It's such a comforting feeling for some reason!
I mean, just look at it! There are even fresh strawberries in the frosting as well!
We had fun celebrating Pattie's birthday and then my wheels were already turning for the next time I could make this yummy treat!
I hope you will give this cake a try and let me know your thoughts! Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July! We hope to be celebrating in Highlands this year…but you just never know these days!
Strawberry Cake
1 box Duncan Hines French Vanilla cake mix
1 small box strawberry jello
1/2 Cup sugar
1/4 C all purpose flour
4 eggs
1 Cup Wesson Oil
1/2 Cup milk
1 1/4 Cup sliced fresh strawberries
Beat all ingredients except strawberries in mixer on medium to high for about 2 minutes. Add the strawberries and beat on medium to high until they are well incorporated. Pour batter evenly into 3 greased and floured cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back lightly when touched. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes and then invert cake layers onto racks and cool completely. When cool frost with icing recipe below. Spread a thin to medium layer of frosting in between layers and then spread remaining frosting all over to cover cake completely. Store in refrigerator overnight for best results. Take cake out of fridge about an hour before serving.
Frosting
1 8oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 Cup butter, softened
1 1/2 boxes confectioners sugar
1/2- 3/4 Cup sliced fresh strawberries
beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy, add powdered sugar and strawberries until well blended and desired consistency.







No comments:
Post a Comment