Voting

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Brunswick Stew On This Chilly October Night!

Ok…so here goes…I posted this amazing Brunswick Stew in 2011…I looked it up…how could that be? It seems like just yesterday that Pattie was telling me about this fabulous recipe!
I even put it in the cookbook that I made for my family…time is really flying!


 I have made it numerous times since then because it is a family favorite! 
It's not often that I make the same recipe over and over…this is one of them though and so is the next recipe that I will hopefully post tomorrow.
Both are from Pattie and trust me... they are both incredible!


 The recipe for this stew remains the same…amazing! My pictures however, have definitely improved! Not to where I want them to be…but to the point that I don't have to be SO embarrassed! See for yourself in this original Brunswick Stew blog post!
 I got a BIG kick out of it! You can see the original post HERE!


Of course you have to have your favorite corn muffin or corn bread recipe with this yummy stew. I like to use the Krusteaz brand and just simply kick it up a notch as they say! 
Add a can of chopped green chilies and some cheddar cheese and it's amazing!


A friend from high school comes by my shop every now and then and she was telling me about her vegetable soup that she loves to make…I remember her saying, "Anything in one pot is the way to go!" She is so right! And this is one of those one pot meals that will please everyone! Even the pickiest eater! My sweet granddaughter loves this recipe!
So easy, so delicious and clean up is easy as well.
 On top of that, it freezes well or I can send it right to the Plains of Auburn and Miller and his friends will certainly devour it!
Enjoy!

Brunswick Stew
1/4 Cup melted butter
1 3/4 Cup Catsup
1/4 Cup yellow mustard
1/4 Cup white vinegar
blend these 4 ingredients together in a saucepan over low heat. Add:
1/2 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 oz liquid smoke
1 oz worchestershire sauce
1 oz crystal hot sauce or tobasco sauce
1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 Cup dark brown sugar
simmer all together but don't let boil. Stir well.
For the stew:
1 stick melted butter
3 Cups potatoes, peeled and diced small
1 medium onion, diced
32 ounces chicken broth
3/4 lb. pulled, smoked chicken or 1 rotisserie chicken
8-10 ounces barbecue meat, shredded
Bring all to a rolling boil and simmer until potatoes are softened. Add:
2 ( 14oz) cans stewed tomatoes, cut up and juice saved
1 can baby lima beans, drained and rinsed
1 can creamed corn
1/4 Cup liquid smoke
And all of the sauce you made earlier ( this is the key ingredient in my opinion! )
Simmer all together for about 2 hours stirring occasionally. This is so yummy! 
Can't wait for you to try it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment