Voting

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Discontentment vs. Contentenment

If I were a lawyer and I could debate this issue.... I definitely would not get advice from a woman!!! why? because our hearts deceive us and satan is so on the prowl!!! I find this true most often when Jim and I are the beach and I can't even begin to put a finger on the reason!!!! Is it because we are here alone alot of the time???? is it because we share a bathroom here and at home we don't??? (thats what Jim thinks the reason is!!! And he may be right!!) Why do I feel the need for my space so badly when we are at our beach house??? I think its satan's way of "getting" at us!! I truly do!!! I don't understand it but I'm willing to admit it!!! Also, we have a 16 year old again and we havent had that for 7 years!! Thats a long time and I feel like we are very out of practice!! This trip, Holly isn't with us as she is on her first vacation with Brad's family in Las Vegas and having a wonderful time!! I learned early on with Mitch and Britney that we DO have to share our children with their other set of parents!! I hate calling them in laws because in our house...I want to be their other set of parents!! I want to help raise them, and help them raise THEIR children!! To be there for them in every circumstance and in every situation just as our parents were!!! And I excpext the IN LAWS to do the same!!! ha ha!!! and they do!!! WE are SOOO blessed!!!!!
Which brings me to the verses that I finally looked up tonight after I looked up the definitions of discontentment and contentment... you might want to do that sometime!! I found it very enlightening and oh so true!! The meaning of discontentment..... a restlest longing for different circumstances!!! Wow!! like it took anyone a long time to come up with that!!! But gosh its so true!!!! How many times have I been "restless" in many a circumstance???? I shudder to think.....Contentment....the experience of being at ease in one's situation!!! What a way to sum that up!!! Of course, as Christians we all know that if we have laid all our burdens at the foot of the cross, if we have totally surrendered our burdens, desires, guilt, requests, etc... to Him... that He will give us perfect peace as only He can give.... and then of course, we will definitely be "at ease" in every situation because we can face each situation knowing that He is going before us and paving the way!!!
I am praying that Jim and I truly learn this over the summer and that we put into practice what we are learning!! Even as we sit here arguing!!! GO FIGURE!!!! I guess I need to just go hug his neck and get over it.... now don't I??????

No comments:

Post a Comment