Voting

Friday, May 28, 2010

The Secret Life of "These!"

At dinner tonight.... just looking around the table... we had all but 2 of our children!!!( Britney and Layton are at the beach with the Cary Family) I realized once more just how blessed Jim and I are... but I also can see struggle on each of their faces!!! And oh my... what different struggles they are all facing!!! Mitch, our first born... raising a 3 year old daughter and providing for a wife and trying to make his construction business the best that it can be!!! We are so incredibly proud of him!!!! Holly and Brad... stress, emotional tiredness, joy, hard work... all written on both of their faces!!! Holly just had to say good bye to her first kindergarten class!!! They truly adored her!!! and how could they not??!!!! :) Brad trying to make HUGE decisions about work and where they will be in a few years.... it all seems larger than life to them and it truly is!!! At least at my age I remember how it felt and I see where we are now and that , yes.... God is in control in each of these circumstances!!! And then, there is Miller!! My 6ft. 4" 16 year old baby boy!!!! Larger than life and such a joy!!!! Straight A student...(well, close!!) basketball player, football player, lacrosse player..................... with a dad gum cubic zirconium earring in his ear!!!!!!!!!!!!! What was he thinking????? FOR THE LOVE??? as Holly would say!!!!! And guess what.... thanks to Lisa Anne giving me a heads up... I was able to "handle" it!!!! In the scheme of life..... well, ok!!! its incredibly stupid and I hope it gets infected!!!! But ... this too shall pass!!!! I'm just trying to remember to pray for his "security" to be in Christ and to not fall to peer pressure!!! Wow!!! guess I need to pray harder and ask you to join me in that prayer!!!!!
After dinner... when he had shown it off to his brother who told him under no circumstances was he going to the movie with him tonight as planned with that "thing" in his ear!!! he took it off... very reluctantly I might add!!! But then I found out it was only because he didn't know HOW to get it out!!! And you know what??Thats a GOOD thing!! he shouldn't know how to take an earring out of his ear!!! He's a boy!!!!!
Ok.... enough ranting!!! At least Mitch asked Miller to go to a movie tonight and I can rest assured that they are having quality time ( well, maybe just some time!!! at least!!) together!!!!! Thank You, Lord!!!! for special moments that seem trivial to us!!!!
I on the other hand, am looking very forward to some quality time with my husband at the beach for the next several days!!!! I hate the packing and the planning but boy do I love it when we get there!!!!!
And once again, my favorite Karen Kingsbury quote, "And to God Almighty, the Author of life, who has for now-blessed me with these-

Talk to you soon!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment