Ok...I've been trying to think of "reasons" that I need to keep going to the Briarwood football games now that my son is only playing Basketball his senior year....never, not ONCE did any of those reasons ever make me think that I would want to see the current fall fashions...or that seeing my friends...my BEST friends in their "football attire" would make me realize that I need to get out more!!! I mean, seriously!!! First off...we drive up to the tailgate party and I'm still in my "work clothes" because I chose to wear them so I wouldn't have to change for the game!!! I do usually try to dress up a little when I'm working at my shop but today I was actually proud of myself for thinking ahead! ha ha!!
One of the first things I noticed was that Sandy and Lisa Anne were both wearing scarves...that made me hot just looking at them! I don't wear scarves even when it's snowing so I let that one slide! Then....as I walk into the stadium I see a glowing, glistening, boot studded Sharon walking down the sidewalk and I really did do a double take! I mean, come on!!!! I didn't even know all of that glorious glistening was in!! I've only bought one shirt that is faintly tinted with sparkle so far! If that wasn't enough..I find the Reigning Queen of Fashionista standing at the foot of the stairs to the stadium all decked out in a slick, shiny jacket....and BOOTS!!! everyone had on boots and/or scarves! I on the other hand was still in my khaki's, navy shirt and sandals because I had been sweating all day while organizing the back room of my shop! At my choice...I do understand that! But Jean Anne....she looked beautiful! As I began to explain my attire to her (simply being funny) she then said to me, " Oh, I was dressed just like you right before I came here!" I thought that was hilarious! And her beautiful attire was only wasted in my opinion because she was stuck working the concession stand all night! I can only imagine how hot I would've been if I had been wearing boots and working with hot dogs, hamburgers, popcorn, etc.... Oh well!!! She sure looked good!!! And so did beautiful Sharon!!
Ok...and back to precious Lisa Ann and Sandy! They are always decked out and are sort of my role modesl! Well...I guess all of my friends are because I love their styles so much and each one is so unique and I love that about them! As I sit here reflecting on our tailgating party tonight....I'm realizing just how blessed I am to have these women as my friends! I'm truly thankful! Lisa Ann is so beautiful and her clothes seem so effortless...as do Sandy's! One of my biggest frustrations in life is having to decide what to wear on any given day....it takes up way too much of my time and if I would have just a few "go to" outfits I would save myself alot of time and alot of wasted energy!
Not sure when I will brush up on my football tips....but I sure am glad I know what to wear now!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment