Sometimes...I just want to tune out the world and listen to my country songs!!! You must admit...they take you away...maybe not like Calgon... and I don't have mud tires like Jason...but they take you away...to "Memory Lane" or any "Dirt Road" you may be remembering that seemed to not have a care in the world!!
If only....
Real life isn't quite like that....and...since I don't want to be a "Debby Downer" I'm not going to re-hash it any more than is necessary!!! I learned along time ago that I could either drown in my own sorrows...or get up and go!! And I really did decide to get up and go!!!!
Which brings me to why I'm posting these Bible verses that are full of promises!!! Promises that are real...not just a quick fix like riding down Memory Lane with Jason Aldean...although I will admit...I love his singing...and he is real close to taking precedent over my all time fave....Kenny Chesney! But hey...I can't do that!!! Kenny holds too many fond memories for me and Jim!!!! And that my friends...is definitely worth a trip down "memory lane"!
But...back to this post...sometimes life just isn't what we expect...and I'm ok with that...most of the time!
I NEED to be ok with that ALL of the time!! When I think back on all of the trials that Jim and I have been through together...and you'd be surprised at how they add up!!... Quickly... I might add....God has NEVER left us or forsaken us! His word has ALWAYS proven to be true and I will continue to hold fast to these promises!!!
Songs will come and go...I will play them over and over while I'm getting ready in the mornings or getting ready for bed...I will dream of being a Country Superstar...but that will most definitely fade!!!! In fact...it never was!!! Bet you didn't even know that was my dream!!!
Hey... ( as Layton says before anything she tells you!!) Hey...Nonnie....maybe the Causeway Bridge has a cause...maybe the road that leads to Tamworth Drive has a cause...maybe....just maybe...the road that takes Miller to Auburn will have a cause!!! What if we don't know the "cause" until we get to Heaven??? What if I have to answer people's questions about God's promises with "just cause!" like my kids used to do to me!!! That's Ok....Cause.....God promises us that His word will remain true.....and when I sometimes ask Him why He loves me....even ME....He whispers.... ( Hey, Nonnie ) just cause......and Layton and I both smile.....
2nd Timothy 2:13
If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Psalm 46:1-3
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.Psalm 16:8
I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
Psalm 120:1
I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me.
He answered my prayers 28 years ago with a husband that was Way beyond my feeble expectations...the family He gave us is Way beyond our wildest dreams!!....He has shown us through various trials and many joyous moments as well that He is Lord...no matter what!!!! JUST CAUSE!!!!!!!!! just cause He loved us THAT much!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment