Voting

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Make me keep my eyes on you......

There are no words to truly describe what I felt or experienced while driving in to the shop this late Tuesday morning.

 I'm still getting over the unbelievable day yesterday... still a little "shell shocked" at having to stand up so many times in front of such a large crowd! ( which...I LOATHE!! ) The fact that both of our parents were honored in the Grandparent's Day program at school for being 2 out of the 3 families in the ENTIRE school that have a 3rd generation attending there! The fact that my father in law was the speaker!  The fact that I'm realizing just how many blessings God has granted our family through Briarwood Christian School...all of that should be enough to still have me feeling a bit disorriented!  I kept wanting to call Britney today and laugh with her because both of us were utterly exhausted after yesterday's events at school for Layton! We both have that personality that doesn't like alot of attention and I knew she would laugh with me about how nervous I was all day! I also had to deal with the fact that I so wanted Holly to still be there...to still be that teacher that so many of her students and parents loved...It was a day of roller-coaster emotions to say the least!!! And the sweet faculty and staff that repeatedly sang Holly's praises were music to this mother's ears, trust me!!! It was just an emotional day all the way around!!

 I'm constantly trying to make myself not ask too many questions to sweet Holly and Brad because I know that deep down it creates even more stress for them. They want to get home probably more than we even want them home! They want to know where they can "land" so to speak and be able to FINALLY have their own things....their beautiful wedding gifts that were so lovingly picked out and planned for...OUT OF STORAGE! They want to be settled and we want that for them as well. So...when Holly told me today a couple of things that I hadn't asked to be told...and they really would seem quite insignificant to the innocent bystander...I began to fret...and get emotional...and get that yucky homesick feeling for them all over again!!!! Their life has been on hold...their things have been in storage for about 15 months now....THAT'S A LONG TIME!!!! so...when I heard this song....the one that kept saying over and over again how "We will keep our eyes on You"...."We will keep our heart set on you"...YES....I got teary and had to turn up the AC to dry my eyes and I realized that God had purposefully let me hear that song...those words of encouragement that have gotten me through another day of waiting on His timing!!!!....A song I had NEVER heard before but will now be a favorite because of how well it puts everything into perspective!!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
much love and many thanks for your prayers...I would really appreciate them more than ever between right now.....and well...until then!! Hope to be able to share good news soon! No matter the outcome!
No matter the circumstances...I want to be an encouragement to you..my friends, my family, my customers, the people I encounter at any given moment...Can I really say that my eyes are always set on Him? that my heart is truly trusting in Him? I can honestly say that's what I want and that's where we are as a couple and as a family...there really isn't anywhere else to turn or anyone else that can "make it better"! God can...in His infinite wisdom! and "better" may not always be best...but I'd rather be there then anywhere else. I can honestly say that.....and pray that by His grace I will stay there...and so will my precious children and husband!


But the Lord is my fortress; my God is the mighty rock where I hide. 
      Psalm 94:22





very grateful,


No comments:

Post a Comment