That's how I felt today after leaving one of the prettiest homes I've seen in a long time! We are so happy to be a part of the Birmingham Home and Garden's "Inspiration Home" as a sponsor through Mulberry Heights Antiques and had such a fabulous afternoon getting to tour it for the first time since it's been finished!While there I oohed and awwhed over everything! And I do mean everything! I loved it from the minute I walked in until the minute I walked out! However...at one point I heard myself declare way to audibly that I would have to go home and change everything! I made notes....kept great ideas in my head and even talked about re-painting my entire house just so I could paint my doors black like the Inspiration Home! ( one of my favorite signature Tracery moves I saw tonight!)
and... I really, really loved this view into the foyer! Very unexpected!! and it's still bringing in the signature black that I loved so much!
but....when I got home, I was pleasantly surprised! In the Inspiration Home I was so happy to see collections of Ironstone and Creamware...paintings and yes, even my all time favorite... cross stitching...sometimes called punchboard embroidery! In fact...I may have seen my Christmas present that my sweet hubby can give me in that wonderful upstairs sitting room! That lovely cross stitched deer would fit right in with my own collection! We shall see! So wish I had snapped a pic!! It was even signed with MOM....how very special! No telling how long it took that mother to cross stitch that!Even better....I spied a picture of my precious daughter and her friends in the upstairs sitting room! Now tell me That doesn't make it feel like home!!!
All in all....I was MORE than Inspired...by the Birmingham Home and Garden Inspiration Home and Tracery Interiors! And the architect, Chris Reebels did an excellent job! If we were empty nesters I would be purchasing that home tomorrow! Yes, we are very close to being that...be we aren't just yet!
They had used a pair of consoles from the shop and WOW!! They looked incredible!
To say our dining chairs look amazing is an understatement! and now they are sold! Oh well!!
And of course...in the entry way was an EMYO from our shop! What better way to make an entrance?
Well....I'm not "wondering" any more! Yes, Virginia...and Carolyn...there IS a Santa Claus! He makes children's dreams come true....just like the Inspiration Home made all of my dreams come true! Yes, Carolyn....there IS that perfect house out there for you!
Trust me when I tell you that you need to go visit it!! Who knows....this could quite possibly be the next entrance you see when you drive into your new neighborhood!









I have a relative that lives in the Cove!
ReplyDeleteLove this home. Great job. Hopefully my magazine will be in my po box when I get to Montgomery!
by the way... I love those chairs.
Teresa
xoxo