Oh yes, get ready indeed! I can't believe we are really going back!
Here I am… Reminiscing about all of the fun we had so many years ago,
Never dreaming that the memories we were creating then would come full circle like they are now!
We are setting out for Hilton Head in just a few short days…and we are already telling Layton how her daddy used to sing under the huge tree in Harbour Town with Greg Russell! He lived for it! We lived for it!!
We are hoping against hope that sweet Layton will sing for Greg as well…as I hear he is STILL there! Oh My! That's a long time to be singing under a tree all night every night with all of these kiddo's!
You know we lived for it if we were willing to sit in the South Carolina mugginess and heat every night to be entertained like this!
I wouldn't trade these memories for anything! And I certainly hope we will come back with plenty of our own!
Just look at my precious mother with my precious children!
And laugh at my hair!! Oh, there are LOTS of funny hair pics! Just you wait!
But there are also funny pics of Jim's shorts, socks, etc...
And mom is so cute here! I hope she thinks so!
Just floating the day away!
Oh, it's the hat that I meant to say earlier as well! It will NOT be with us on this trip!
If you can get past the hat….look at the glorious, flat beach! Perfect for playing paddle ball or biking! Or spending time with your wonderful sister in law, Andrea!
Love this of my mom and sister and Holly! What an angel baby!
Ok…go ahead…LAUGH! Jim's outfit…MY outfit…you name it! I can assure you there are more to come in the next few days!
But you can't deny that we made memories!
Which is why I'm guessing that Miller chose this somewhat "fairytale" place for our family's senior trip!
I'm so glad he did!
He may not have been here at this point in our lives or seen Mitch and Holly at this age...
But he wasn't THAT far behind!
And what he doesn't realize…and what I've never told him…is that while he and his cousin, Will weren't here during those early years…it's the place where we decided what his name would be! I can see it like it was yesterday! We had packed the car up and were headed home to Birmingham after a fabulous vacation with my family and I was staring out the car window and said to Jim, " What do you think about the name, Miller?"
The rest as they say….is history!!






















Carolyn-
ReplyDeleteMy side is hurting from laughing at Jim's socks and hat, and your striped pants, lol! These pictures are PRICELESS! I know that you are excited to visit there again.
Happy Wednesday.
Teresa
xoxo