Wow, I'm Impressed!!!
Ok, I began moving our youngest into his first college apartment today. Actually, it began last night….
With Sarah and all of her strength helping Jim and Miller load the truck! ( I just photographed it all!) After I had bought it all, organized it all….etc… LOL!
What a "motley crew'!
Even the dogs wanted in on the action!
Besides Sharon being sick, this morning began pretty uneventful. This day had been planned for a while to sort of get ahead of the game…so to speak!
We caught up with Roy after thinking they couldn't go because of his sweet mother being sick….
Once we arrived, we began moving into fast gear….although looking back on it, we should've just taken a step back and savored every moment…yeah, right!
It was hot, it was hard, and there were flights of stairs that seemed to reach into the heavens for crying out loud!
And yes, that is their apartment at the VERY top the Christmas lights still on it!
At one point I actually heard myself say to the guys that were still laying the brand new carpet (that, thanks to my precious, wonderful husband and his brilliant email was able to acquire) ,"I think I will just stay in here with you guys! "
"I'm the old lady of the group for crying out loud!"
"I'm the old lady of the group for crying out loud!"
I didn't get much of a response but they were nice carpet layers….
( trust me, this brand, spanking new carpet was like looking at a treasure chest filled with gold!
I just wish I had a pic of the old carpet! Not to mention the fact that Jim got new linoleum in the kitchen and bathrooms laid down as well! MY HERO!!!)
Anyway, since Sharon was supposed to be with me…(my best friend of 26 years)…she woke up sick and has been throwing up all day ( bless her ever loving heart….I would rather be moving into a college apartment any day than to be sick like that! )….I was left to fend for myself as the only mom there! Thank You, Lord….that Holly was able to be with me! I'm not sure I could've handled it otherwise! Which is not entirely true! The guys, Miller, Roy and Jake were absolute heroes and the two girlfriends, Sarah and Logan were real troopers!
It was definitely me and my precious Holly that gave out in the end! As usual!
All of this to say….I just may have found my new "Artisan"! Roy William Gilbert the Fifth!!! He obviously takes after his mother and Miss Carolyn! LOL! Just look at that table!
I'm seriously so very impressed that I've offered him exclusive rights into coffee table making for Mulberry Heights Antiques!!!























I did not know you had a blog! Great blog and great memories for you! I grew up down the street from the Gilberts in Altadena and was friends with Leigh Ann when we were small. Small world! Roy has a great talent and love the table!
ReplyDeleteHang in there, Mama. This time next week you will be cleaning everything in your house and shop that isn't glued down and maybe some of that too.
ReplyDeleteGlad that the worst is over.
Happy Thursday.
Teresa
xoxo