As horrible as it is to admit this I must…I have stared at these two shirts for about a week…because I was mad at Jim…I was mad at him for several reasons and in my mind they were all justified.
I'm not sure I can elaborate like I would like to but lets just say now that he is out of town and it is "snowing" again and Miller has called sounding all panicky because he is sick and trying to study…I'm missing my angel of a husband.
And if we had just ironed out our problems I wouldn't be feeling like this. So guess what? Next time he asks me to "bump" his shirts as his sweet mother calls it…I will do it immediately!
I really will!
I will also not allow my thoughts to ramble…I will not allow my brain to start not trusting the Lord in so many areas…I will not let Satan have the last word. It is definitely a choice..especially these days as he seems to be running around rampant like there's no tomorrow.
But guess what?
There IS tomorrow! And wow…that is so freeing!
But guess what?
There IS tomorrow! And wow…that is so freeing!
I know this is a rambling post…I wish I could give specifics but it's really not necessary! It's really always the same…God doesn't abandon us…we walk away from Him…sometimes knowingly.
And sometimes there are things that weigh on our hearts that are really hard to deal with…and it is at those times that we learn to trust Him the most!
And sometimes there are things that weigh on our hearts that are really hard to deal with…and it is at those times that we learn to trust Him the most!
And last thought for the night…as I did iron Jim's shirts it occurred to me that along the way my mother and my mother in law taught me how to iron. There really is a "right" way to iron! I've never taught that to Holly or to my precious boys!
I hope I at least taught them they can just call mama!
(i'm sort of kidding here!)
(i'm sort of kidding here!)
I have a feeling we will all be having "ironing" lessons soon! In more ways than one!
Maybe, just maybe I can teach Layton how to iron…and how to keep her heart right before the Lord. I sure wish I had learned this when I was her age! A lot of grief would've have been spared!
Much love to you all!
Please, let's keep each other lifted up in prayer!
We all certainly need it!
Please, let's keep each other lifted up in prayer!
We all certainly need it!





Yep, it's easier to just do it!
ReplyDeleteThen hang them up, put a plastic bag over each one, he can pack them, they'll never have a wrinkle.
Or, just call his mother.
Trust in the Lord always.