Voting

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"I've Often Regretted My Words…"

This is not a revelational post nor is it a recipe…unless you consider words of wisdom from your parents a recipe to success in life. ( which of course we should!)
 After many, many years…I did learn that words of wisdom from your parents and grandparents would end up meaning so much more to me than material blessings or "things" accumulated in life. 
My sweet 90 year old grandmother still teaches me life lessons every time I talk to her which is not often enough. Especially these days…if I could do it all over again…I would call her every day. 
I would ask her all about her growing up life and I would listen even when I thought she didn't know what she was talking about. 


The best advice…or should I say the one that comes to my mind most often is my mother telling me many years ago when I was wanting to fly off the handle at something was this…."I've often regretted my words, but I've never regretted my silence."



Was it was sobering, yes. Did it make me mad at the time, yes. Did I listen at the time? Probably not! And why I'm telling you this right now is simply because I'm wanting to speak my mind about something in our life that is truly putting anger my heart. ( Not with my mother, LOL! ) But I know I shouldn't! So here we are….years later and at the ripe old age of 50  and I still hear her wise words reverberating in my mind quite often! I will never forget it! 
It has saved me from many a heartache!
You see…I tend to fly off the handle. "You mess with my family, you mess with me" is my go to attitude! And in my mind I am justified! But guess what? That is wrong! And I really am asking God to forgive me of that anger and replace it with forgiveness.
So, to reiterate what my point is with this post, I'm going to try not to say anything! 
O.K… this is hard!
I will end with this!






2 comments:

  1. Quoted by a very wise woman indeed.
    More and more I try to live by this, and pass it on.
    xx's

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing I have always kept silent when I can and need to zip the lip more, one mouth and two ears.

    ReplyDelete