Voting

Saturday, November 10, 2012

All Because Of A Yellow Kitchen!

Thank you for taking the time to look at Holly and Brad's new home! I will be talking about it on my other blog but I wanted my friends and family to see it here as well! It was such fun helping them these past few days! 
We certainly appreciate and covet your prayers for them as a young married couple…
this is all based on an original post when we first were with them when we found this house! You can see it HERE!



Yellow Kitchen "Before"

We had a great time playing around with all of Holly's accessories and even tried "tucking" in some fabric to see what kind of window treatments will work the best! I knew it was bad, though when Jim kept asking me…." Why doesn''t she just trim them all to be the same length?" I swear to you on my life I had to keep reminding him they weren't "real" curtains! 



 And this was how the yard looked when we first spotted the house with them!




We all knew it was quite obvious that the house on the right has been re-done and was quite pretty!


And that the entire street was following that trend! Love these kind of neighborhoods! To me, it's just a seal on the deal letting you know that people love living here enough to stay and just "re-do" and "make it better" so to speak! And that beautiful painted brick house on the corner is home to one of the nicest couples you will ever meet! She's been a real help to Holly!


 So, we felt really good about this street for Holly and Brad!


Now, we feel great about it! After spending three nights with them, hanging pictures, architectural pieces, curtains, crosses, you name it…we feel REAL GOOD about it! And we met some of the nicest people that are their neighbors! 






Holly has definitely put her loving touch on this home and I'm so proud of her! The two of them together have transformed this house into a true home!



( love the old timey mailbox!) yes, the mailman…actually mail woman walks and hand delivers their mail!


Love Holly's homemade burlap wreath!
As you walk into their foyer you are greeted with their cute "N" that we bought them as a souvenir from first store in Jackson, MS! Wow, they've moved a lot!
 And of course, there is the mirror that I've handed down to all of my kids at some point! It was a gift from Jim's parents and the table is from Jim's grandparents beautiful home! 


Then, you step into their "Great Room"! And a great room it is! 

Original Great Room
We had a GREAT time in it every day, I can assure you! Love the way the furniture worked as well as the curtains! One must understand that ALL of their things have been in storage for 2 1/2 years! They've been moved around into corporate housing with Chick Fil A so for all of their "things" to "work" is a big deal to them! And to me! I couldn't be happier for them! I love seeing my favorite Old World Weaver's fabric on my loveseat that they are borrowing! It adds a lot to the mix! As well as the black leather chair and ottoman!


And that pine trunk that I bought so many years ago as one of my first antique purchases! It's hard to not ask for some of this back, I must admit!
 But I'm very glad it's working for them!


I must confess at this point that I "snuck" a purchase in for their house while buying for my shop from a wonderful picker I have in New Orleans! I think it fit's the spot perfectly and Holly was really wanting a tall basket there!


I guess I was tired and was taking a little bit of a break and talking to one of my best friends and Holly took the next few pics! Oh well, even the best of us get tuckered out after a full day of eating, shopping and decorating!




This cute sunroom is right off their great room…they don't have much furniture out there but it still works!


And Murphy is enjoying my old Cowtan and Tout pillows from my own sunroom many years ago!


Not sure why the lighting is so different in these two pictures but I wanted you to see their cute dining area…they are getting chairs for Christmas from us so for now, they are borrowing my bamboo folding chairs. Also, that twig console is working quite well for their "side board"! Love the fact that their curtains from their very first apartment worked so well here! It was sight to behold while watching Jim and Brad hang them..but they did it!


Original Dining Area

And being that Holly has always loved my hand stitched "motto's" that I collect…I felt the need to let her use the two that have been on the floor in my pantry for about five years…I thought I probably wouldn't miss them and she loves them so much!


Then we move on down the hallway to the guest room and their beautiful bedroom! And what is really great is that this bed in their guest room was my sister's bed growing up! We just aren't reminding her of this quite yet! Love the way all of Holly's bedding worked in the room since she's had it from her college apartment! ( I will confess that I bought the cute black out curtains for them…if I'm going to stay there...I need my beauty sleep!)



Guest Room Before

Itty Bitty Guest Bathroom

But the best part of the house in my opinion is their beautiful bedroom! Holly picked this fabric out and loved it for their first apartment…the bed was our wedding gift to them…I cannot tell you how happy I was that it all worked so well!


As well as this pen and ink that belonged to Jim's grandfather…it has a lot of sentimental value to us and I'm just glad they love it!




And I truly love their cute bathroom! I'm so glad the tile is a pretty shade of blue and works so well with all of their things!



 The very last thing that Holly and I hung while Jim and Brad were sweating it out over hanging a really big shelf that I forgot to photograph were these two beautiful hand crafted crosses that were two of her favorite wedding gifts! She let me hang them where I wanted and that was right in the hallway by their beautiful bedroom…so they could see them every day as well as guests be able to see them from the main room in the house! I think it turned out pretty darn spectacular myself! You gotta love a first home! There is truly nothing like it! As glad as I was to get back to our two separate bathrooms…it was sort of fun sharing that itty bitty guest bath! You just better not drop the soap!
 There is NO room to turn around! Trust me!


Thank you all so much for taking the time to look at the transformation of Holly and Brad's Yellow Kitchen as well as their precious first home!  Hope you all have a wonderful week!


1 comment: