So, I discovered at 3:00 this afternoon that all of Mountain Brook Village is apparently having an Open House from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. tomorrow! Oh Boy!
Here we go…just trying to whip up a few things! This is the newest and greatest thing I've made in awhile! They would make wonderful gifts at Christmas in a cute bag!
We also will have out quite an array of Christmas decorations as well as what we've been selling for your Thanksgiving tablescapes!
( Love Ellen's pictures of our mercury ornaments on the tree!)
And my sweet friend's soaps have been a big hit for gifts as well as just a personal treasure! She makes them in her home right here in Birmingham! She also happens to be my daughter's "grandmother in law"! Check out Chelsea House Soaps when you can! It's definitely worth it!
We are thrilled with our new pieces of Sennod jewelry and know it will make someone very happy on Christmas morning!
So come make out your Christmas Wish List tomorrow…we will be there! And we be serving these yummy spiced pecans!
Candied Spiced Pecans
2 t kosher salt
2 t dried thyme
2 t granulated sugar
1 t black pepper
1/2-1 t cayenne pepper
4 T unsalted butter, melted
3/4 -1 lb. whole, raw pecan halves
Blend first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl. Incorporate melted butter until well blended. Toss with pecans. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, turning once during cooking time. Allow to cool on baking sheet. Store in an airtight container
This is a recipe from one of our favorite restaurants in New Orleans, Butcher! He also owns Herbsaint, which we haven't been able to go to yet. But we will! Hope to see you tomorrow!
Remember, we are open from 10:00-7:00!
2 t kosher salt
2 t dried thyme
2 t granulated sugar
1 t black pepper
1/2-1 t cayenne pepper
4 T unsalted butter, melted
3/4 -1 lb. whole, raw pecan halves
Blend first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl. Incorporate melted butter until well blended. Toss with pecans. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, turning once during cooking time. Allow to cool on baking sheet. Store in an airtight container
This is a recipe from one of our favorite restaurants in New Orleans, Butcher! He also owns Herbsaint, which we haven't been able to go to yet. But we will! Hope to see you tomorrow!
Remember, we are open from 10:00-7:00!












Carolyn-
ReplyDeleteIf I lived nearby, I would be fat! You always have the greatest things to eat!
I wish I could be there for your open house. Everything looks beautiful. I will have to tell Angela to stop by if she can.
Happy Tuesday.
Teresa
xoxo
Carolyn, I just found your beautiful blog! Do you sell/ship these fleur de lis soaps? I'd love to get some!!! Happy New Follower.
ReplyDelete