Voting

Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Southern Sunday Post…A Little Four Wheeling And A Mexican Pizza!

 What more could you ask for? A fun day four wheeling with your only grandchild and then dinner out for a dear friend's birthday that night…pretty much makes for a great weekend!



As well as a great photo opportunity as the Grandmother!


Can you stand it? Just look at those designer boots!
She was super excited that Poppy was going with them and I will admit that I was very nervous, as usual! I hate it when I have so many of my chickens out and about and I have to worry…( pray ) for them incessantly! Maybe, just maybe…God is trying to show me that He is ultimately in control of every aspect of our lives! Even the fun ones!


So, after being at Market in Atlanta on Thursday and Friday, going out for our dear friend David Harris' birthday Saturday night, watching Miss America and reading way too late last night…I decided it was time to clean out the freezer! That's when I discovered the fabulous shredded chicken mixture that I had put away for a rainy day! Hey, today was rainy and I had determined to make a Mexican Pizza with it! You see, when Jim and I first were married and I was working at my dad's office I would set my crockpot on with a timer and come home to some great smelling meals…as of late…we are "Empty Nesters" and I am once again in love…with Jim especially…. my Crockpot secondly and with freezing things to make cooking easier when time is tight! This recipe is perfection if I do say so myself!


Take the time to make this chicken and then freeze the leftovers for later use!! Check out this link for the shredded chicken recipe…it is VITAL to the pizza recipe!
You can view the chicken recipe HERE!


Once your chicken is done….life is easy! This recipe just calls for a few very simple ingredients! Hope you will try it!!







Mexican Pizza
(the best thing I've had in a very long time!)

1 package store bought pizza crust (I love the Pillsbury pizza crust! Yes, I really do!)
1 Cup shredded chicken from the recipe above
1 can fat free refried beans, heated
1/2 C Red Enchilada Sauce
1 small can chopped black olives
3 green onions, chopped finely
2 C shredded 2% Mexican Blend Cheese

Fit pizza dough into a pizza pan of your choice that has been sprayed with Pam. Spread the heated re-fried beans on top. Add the Enchilada Sauce and then the shredded chicken. Top with the black olives, green onions and the shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until lightly browned. 
Top each serving with:
Light Sour Cream
Shredded Lettuce
Salsa
Sliced Avocado

Hope you enjoy this! I promise….this is going in my next cookbook! It's too good and too easy for it not to be in there!
Have a wonderful week! 
So glad we had this wonderful Sunday to worship and  rest and get a fresh start on the week ahead!
Much love,



2 comments:

  1. Looks very fun and the pizza delicious !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy!
    Neat post and love your blog... would you like to follow each other!

    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory 

    ReplyDelete