A long time ago....Jim and I loved to go to a restaurant downtown and get their incredible Monte Cristo sandwich! Then...maybe 2 years ago we went to Higlands, N.C. for our anniversary and ventured into Brevard, N.C. for a day trip...while we were there we had the most incredible sandwich I've ever tasted!!! I've wanted to recreate it ever since that wonderful lunch but never got around to it.
| before grilling....just the turkey and the cheese |
| now the top slices are on |
Finally, due to the fact that we were both so full from my mother in law's incredible lunch of beef stroganoff over rice, squash casserole, green beans and fried okra....and of course, a homemade 3 layer chocolate cake with chocolate icing that is to DIE for!! I knew we wouldn't want much dinner! On top of that, Miller is gone to the Senior retreat so it was just the 2 of us for dinner....glimpses of life next year...can't say I'm glad or sad....at this point, I'm just trying to enjoy the moments that God gives us!
| grilling away! |
Hope you enjoy it!!! Feel free to switch it up to your likings!!!! You certainly can't go wrong!!!
| Raspberry Honey Mayo |
Here is my version of a made up, inside out Monte Cristo sandwich....or just the best toasted club sandwich you've ever had!!!!
and of course, never, ever skimp on the side of Raspberry Honey Mayo!!!!
Grilled "Club" Sandwich with Raspberry Honey Mayonnaise
Slices of ham and turkey....depending on what you want or have on hand!!! I only had turkey so that's what I did!!! Wish I had had ham as well!
Plenty of grated Swiss Cheese....recipe called for Brie but I didn't have it, and not sure I would've loved it....if you prefer Brie...than by all means....use Brie!!!
Enough slices of Aritsan Bread or Homemade Sourdough which is what I used.....
I buttered the bottoms slices with I can't believe it's not butter spray...recipe called for unsalted real butter....I was just too full from lunch to splurge in this area!!!!
I sprayed my bread, layed it on my George Foreman...can also use a plain skillet, topped each slice with the turkey and the shredded cheese. Placed top slice of bread on and buttered it as well and grilled it for about 5-7 minutes or until done....take off the griddle or skillet and add sliced tomato and fresh lettuce and generous amounts of the Raspberry Honey Mayo!!! I also served more of the sauce on the side!!! Was delicious!!!!! and oh so easy!!!!!
Raspberry Honey Mayo:
2 T mayo
4 t raspberry preserves
2 t honey
1/2 t sea salt
1/2 t pepper
mix all with wire wisk and refrigerate

No comments:
Post a Comment