Voting

Thursday, October 20, 2011

She's BACK!!!!!!


And I sure do wish I meant for good! But we will take whatever time we can get these days!

What a fun day we have had together! It was just what the doctor ordered...for me anyway!!!
A fun day at the shop..we weren't busy so I was glad for that today since I don't have much of a voice!
Holly and Ellen did a food truck run to Shindigs and we got to enjoy that together and of course Jim joined us! I mean who wants to miss out on the Shindigs Truck? The beef short ribs on a bun...to DIE for!!!! The Spankin Grilled Cheese and the Chad's Spicy Tomato Soup...wow!! and of course the Truffle Fries to finish it all off!!!! 



 Then Holly and I ran and did some quick shopping and left with 3 pairs of shoes, 3 tops, a t-shirt for Miller and the cutest pair of Puddle Jumping Shoes for Layton I've ever seen!!! They are  little "Mary Janes" that are brown with Pink polka dots!! I mean seriously....cute doesn't even begin to describe them!

Of course there is also this other seriously "stylish" pair that they didn't have in her size that Holly declared looked ever so J-Crewish that I think I may just have to get them on line for her!
Just look at them!!!

On top of that....Britney and Layton came by the shop today and I finally got to hug her neck since she's had strep and I've had who knows what!! It was also the first time I have seen her since she decided to cut her own hair off!! Right in the front!! It wasn't nearly as bad as I had been expecting! And I certainly didn't bring attention to it since I had been forewarned that she did NOT like people talking about it!! Can't say that I blame her! When you do something wrong and you know it...the last thing you want is for someone to bring it up!!! Even at 4 1/2 years old!!


Roasted Red Pepper and Chicken Lasagna

Now it's "Wind Down" time and here we sit in the sunroom reflecting on the fun day...even though I'm pretty much down for the count! The day really did wear me out but it was oh so worth it to get to spend time with my precious daughter!!! Oh, how I do miss this! But so grateful that she and Brad are getting to experience life together which is for now...in New Orleans! The only thing that would have made it better is if Brad could have come along as well! We sure do miss him! I think we will go get him a "happy" tomorrow! I only have Holly until Saturday morning...a short but sweet trip...and praying I continue to feel better! The picture above is of the wonderful dinner we are smelling as we sit here and talk! I think I've posted it before so I'm not boring you with the details except to say that if it was as good as the last time we had it....this night will keep getting better!!
Here's hoping that tomorrow will be as much fun as today....that Holly will get to meet Miller's sweet girl friend...( since I think she came in town more for that than for me!!! ) Who knows? We shall see!! Miller isn't helping us much! I guess he thinks we might snap a picture or two of him and Sarah!! I mean who does he think we are anyway?? Carolyn and Holly? His mother and sister that take a picture of everything?!!!  This too shall pass I suppose!
Hope your night is just as pleasant as this one is....for now anyway!!!!

much love and lots of memories in the making!!!

2 comments:

  1. So happy Holly is home! I know that that was the best dose of meds you could get! The lasagna looks great.
    Take it easy and have fun.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Teresa! We've had a wonderful weekend together! I'm finally feeling human again!!!!
    much love!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete