Voting

Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Opposite Of Nesting Is….



What IS the opposite of nesting? 
Is it Un-nesting?



I have absolutely NO idea! 
I just know that with Miller graduating in 4 short days….I'm feeling unsettled! I've been a little depressed..and in all fairness, so has he! I don't think he knows HOW to feel! I remember it myself and it's a bit of an empty feeling because you are leaving everything you've ever known and all that is familiar to you! However…it's also just the beginning of a whole new adventure in life and God has a lot in store for him as he heads to Auburn with these guys!



All of that to say….I've found myself "purging" of all things unnecessary and all things irrelevant! That's really a positive thing in my book…I guess it just took this event in my life to get me there!


Is it my way of "coping"? I really don't know! But if it is…then we should have a pretty clean and neat house in about 3 months!!
I sure do wish I'd taken a "before" and an "after" picture of our refrigerator! I think I will start doing that if I continue to chronicle this purging thing that is going on in my life! Maybe for our anniversary this August I could get one of those glass front refrigerators I've been eyeing!!





It's Ok to dream! I promise!


And then my reality check is that I would have to "purge" all of the time to keep it neat!



I really don't want one…I'm just fantasizing! I would hate to have to keep it THAT clean and neat! But they sure are pretty!
Anyway, I'm very thankful for all that God has been teaching me through these past 2 years with my daughter and her husband not living in Birmingham anymore because I certainly see a lot of positives today that I definitely couldn't see then! Which is why I know that even though my heart as a mother is a bit sad at the thought of not having anymore children at home all of the time, I also know that one of the blessings that has come out of Holly and Brad being gone this long is that it's not only allowed THEM to grow closer together but it's made US grow closer to Miller without the help of Holly! And any of you that know me well know that I mean this in only the best way! She is such a mother to him….and I love that because I love them being close! However, I had begun to rely on that and now…I can't imagine not knowing this boy like I do today! His sweet heart, willing spirit, and yes, even a bit of adventure in him have made me realize just how much of a blessing he is and what I would've missed out on if Holly had been here all of the time!


 Miller is such a joy and is a close mirror image of his older brother, Mitch. I wish they weren't so far apart in age but God had this planned long before I did!



And they seem to be getting along just fine!

Anyway, along with the purging comes the desire to change my surroundings for some reason! I'm not sure that is wise with Miller leaving in the fall…I know I personally would've wanted to come home to my familiar surroundings and everything that meant "home" to me. However, I find myself looking at homes that are now for sale in areas I always "dreamed" of living in and the most enticing thing I've seen in the past few days is "THE" lot…Oh, and it's the "perfect" lot! With that "perfect" sunset!



We've been sitting on it for a couple of days now and watching the sunset! It's that sunset that I've always dreamed of…right in your own backyard! Look what we discovered on it today! An old well…or at least I think that's what it is!



Can't you just see a stacked stone wall or fireplace made with these stones?! How fun would that be?



It would be great in the garden!


All of these ideas are wonderful!






There is nothing better to me than using materials that mean something to you on a project! We did it in our first home and I hope to do the same in our last! The way this lot sits it just cries out for an infinity pool! Jim keeps saying…"What is that?" I quickly tell him, it's the kind of pool you like! Ha ha! Good answer, right? Anyway, here are a few pics of the ones I like!



I'm pretty sure that Jim would like this as well!


We could entertain here!
And still have "Super Summer" here!

(doesn't this look just like us, LOL!!!)
And the kids could bring their friends over!


But in the end…it's the day to day peacefulness that I'm truly looking for and that is definitely the feeling you get when you sit on the top of this lot...


It has very natural surroundings which I'm craving!


And every night could end like this!!!


And each morning…well, this dream is getting a little too far fetched!


But it's a great dream and I see parts of it becoming a reality in the future…but for now…we are celebrating Miller's graduation and my need to continue to purge! Maybe I will keep a journal of all that I throw out! I think it would do me good! Out with the old…in with the new!
That has so many wonderful connotations! 
Much love,
  




2 comments:

  1. You will be cleaning and changing for the next 4 months. The day I took Angela to Samford, I came home and cleaned for a week and continued to find something to do to keep me overly busy. I am good at that, and I think that you are too! SO emotional, and I am keeping y'all in my prayers.
    By the way, gorgeous images, Carolyn.
    Happy Thursday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's spring time so that's a good thing and appropriate! Best of luck to your son! My oldest is graduating tomorrow. I still have 2 more so I'm not really all that upset. :)

    ReplyDelete