Happy Memorial Day!
I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful weekend celebrating our freedom's as Americans and remembering those that served in order for us to enjoy them!
The sweetest thing I could think of that reminded me of Memorial Day was my friend Sharon's Blueberry Cobbler! It is so easy and very yummy! Give it a try if you can!
It's one of those desserts you will be making for a long time!
4 C fresh blueberries
1/4 C sugar1 stick butter, softened
3/4 C sugar
1 C flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 C milk
grease 3 qt. casserole dish or 9 x 13...put in blueberries and sprinkle 1/4 C sugar over them. Mix rest of ingredients and pour over blueberries and spread evenly. ( I did 1 1/2 x this part of the recipe and it was the best yet!)
* In a 4 C glass measuring cup or bowl, add 1 C COLD water, 1 t cornstarch and 3/4 C sugar...heat in microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until boiling. Carefully pour over all in pan.
Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes...will look brown but it's suppose to!!
Serve warm with homemade vanilla ice cream.
As much as I always treasured the old timey ice cream maker we received as a wedding gift many moons ago! I have gladly switched to my new Cuisinart up dated version!
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
This is a recipe from my mother in law and it's by far the best
homemade vanilla ice cream you will ever taste!
3 C sugar
2 T flour
4 eggs
1 quart whole milk
3-4 T vanilla
2 small cartons heavy whipping cream
In a heavy saucepan or dutch oven combine sugar and flour. Add eggs and whisk well while adding the whole milk over medium heat stirring constantly. Do not boil! Continue stirring until thick and smooth with a wire whisk. This does take a bit of patience! When thickened, remove from heat and add the vanilla. Place in the refrigerator to cool-I do this the night before. When ready to make the ice cream….add the 2 cartons of whipping cream and stir until well blended. Then simply follow the directions on the desired ice cream freezer of choice and enjoy!!!
Have a wonderful, restful holiday weekend!




I love my Cuisinart too, Carolyn. A lot like my recipe. Am trying this one today!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Memorial Day weekend.
Teresa
xoxo