It was hard to leave home knowing that my child was going so far away on his first mission's trip...
It was especially hard when we learned of the devastating earthquake that hit Japan yesterday... and we first heard it on the news as we drove away from telling Miller goodbye at the airport along with the rest of the group going to Nicaragua!
There is something in my maternal instinct that immediately goes into panic mode when I hear of things like this and as they said the tsunami could reach as far as South America! That's when I let fear take over as opposed to knowing that God is Always in control! Even when we don't understand it!!
I managed to put my fears aside and carry on with our plan to get away for a few days to the glorious beaches in Destin!
Jim quickly took over the watering of the plants, packing the car, etc...as I'm sure he saw that things were beginning to look "iffy" on my part! Bless his heart!
Thankfully, I began to realize that God's plan would happen with or without me! All I needed to do was to turn my fear over to Him and trust that He would take care of my child!
And boy am I glad I did!!! ( and so is Jim! )
Look at this glorious sunset!
The weather could not be more perfect at the beach or at home!!!
And it's a GLORIOUS day for the wedding of our long time friends first child, Sarah!
Happy Wedding Day to the Byer's family!!! Enjoy every minute of it!!!
And Jim, I DO love you to the moon and back!
And Miller...I'm praying that God will use you like you've never been used before as well as the entire team that went! God bless you and I can't wait to hear the stories from Nicaragua!





Love all those cheerful photos!
ReplyDeleteBlessings~