Voting

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom and Layton!! March 9th, 2011

Sometimes it seems surreal!! Layton has the same birthday as my precious mother?? WOW!! how did that happen? Two of my MOST favorite people share the same glorious day!!! Just another reminder to me of God's goodness!!! It is GOOD to give Thanks to the Lord!!! Thank You , Lord Jesus!!!
I'm so hoping my mom has a special day as we are having to "postpone" her wonderful dinner because of Miller and Will's sports...and the weather that called off the original games!! Go figure...in Alabama!! We always have to deal with weather in the spring!! Anyway...this year we are also dealing with the fact that sweet Layton and Britney will have now been in Italy for 3 weeks instead of 1! I know God knew this from the get go!!! but boy would I have liked a little bit of a "heads up!" No matter...we know He is in control!!!! But............... when one has a birthday.....One should Celebrate in my opinion!!!
 So.........breakfast my dear!!!! As we speak is being cooked for my precious mother!!!!!!!

Peach/Oatmeal Muffins with a Praline Topping!
Topping:
1/2 C chopped pecans
1/3 C firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 C flour
2 T unsalted butter, melted
1 t cinnamon

Muffins:
1 1/2 C all purpose flour
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/3 C brown sugar
3/4 C oats
2 t baking powder
1 heaping t cinnamon!
1/4 t salt
1/2 C unsalted butter, melted
14 C milk
1 large egg
1 t vanilla flavoring
1/4 t almond flavoring
1 C frozen, sliced peaches diced in food processor
12 paper baking cups

Prepare streusel topping... stir together pecans and next 4 ingredients until well blended...refrigerate for 30 minutes..

Prepare muffins: Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine flour and next 4 ingredients, add butter, egg, milk, vanilla, almond flavoring, and stir until well blended....stir in chopped peaches. Spoon batter into paper lined muffin tins ( 12-14 ) and top with Streusel topping... Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes depending on your oven!!!

I love you, mom!!! You are Mom to me because...well, you are indeed my mom!! You are "Mom" as a grandmother because Mitch gave you that name so many years ago when I'm sure he heard me "CALL" you... mom.. no telling why, what, when or where...No matter... You are Mom to all of us because God blessed us with you... our Mom!!!!

And precious Layton....Happy 4th Birthday to you!!! I love you "more than all the rice in China!!!" I will never forget this saying from Great Grandmother, Muddy!!! Oh, how she would've indeed loved you! I can't believe she never even knew Holly!! Well...that's a whole other story in itself.. but thank heavens for Muddy!!!! ( Peggy Ard Taylor herself!!!! )
Thank you, Lord for Mom and Layton!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY PRECIOUS ANGELS!!!!!! MARCH 9TH, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment