Voting

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Collections


Here I sit...staring at the vast collection of "Seaweed" transferware that took me years to collect....a collection I saved and worked very hard for as I longed to have my own place at the beach...Well, that was years ago. And here we are enjoying it and still loving the collection of antique plates, platters, pitchers etc...that adorn the walls here and add to the ambiance that I worked so hard to create. For years and years I've worked on various collections...this one being my "baby" so to speak. I'm not sure why..except that I just truly love it and it evokes in me feelings of warmth, calmness, relaxation, just plain getting away from it all! After all...that's what the beach is all about, right? Being able to enjoy relaxing and  getting away from the everyday worries of normal life....
I am very thankful and grateful that God has allowed us to enjoy this place...it truly is a haven and sometimes it serves its purpose more than you could ever imagine!
We are enjoying time with our youngest son and his friends....it's a place where we can finally "learn" what all is going on in his life and in the lives of his friends as well.
We are anxiously awaiting the middle of the week when Holly and Brad will get here and they can finally unwind, relax and reflect on all that God has in store for them! I feel very confident that God has blessings beyond measure already wrapped up in a package for them so to speak! They will just have to be like a child waiting for Christmas to arrive! I'm so glad they will spend time here...in fact, maybe they will be able to sit and stare and enjoy the "Seaweed" collection as well; if for no other reason to realize that finishing a collection that you've worked very hard for is somewhat like finishing a task that God has put in front of us or learning a life lesson from whatever it is we are going through at the time. If you want to really give this an analogy, our entire life is a collection of things we've learned all along the way. Hopefully, we can be proud of what we've "collected" and know that as long as we are seeking to please Him with our attitudes and actions then He will ultimately turn our "collection of life lessons" into blessings.



2 comments: