eat in and watch a movie!!! If we could find one that is!!!
Of course I had said the usual to Miller..."sure wish you would have your friends over here and do something!" of course...I got the same generic response! and of course...they are ( as usual ) somewhere out on 119!! The highway that will forever haunt me as I was the first of my group of friends to move out there and HATED it!!! ( 1979 ) hated it ONLY because I was the first one to live out there...and I hate being the first!!! and all of my friends used to make fun and say "Oh, well I guess I will have to pack a lunch to come out and see you! " And then, for years....my children have begged us to move out there!!! OH WELL!!! Almost done!!! 2011....2012!
| fresh basil from the garden |
For once...we were right!!! Now granted...when I saw that sun peek out from behind the clouds around sunset... my heart backpedaled fast!!! and I made Jim run to the front windows and get a good look...then run to the back windows and get an even better look! and then luckily, my brain took over and I realized that it was ok to skip one friday night at Bottega! A little bit later... it really hit me...I was Oh SO GLAD to be HOME!!!!
| still figuring out what all to add to the pizza! |
| It's almost perfect! |
And making homemade pizza, nonetheless!!! Our movie choice was excellent! My daughter and her husband were watching it as well in Anniston so we trusted their decision!! :)
"The Tourist"!
It was so incredibly delicious that I knew I had to share it with you! Just wish I had shared the actual pizza itself as I'm so full now I can't even believe it! The fact that a movie finally kept my attention the ENTIRE time...definitely deserves to have a pizza named in it's honor!
| WOW!!! it was divine!! |
1 ready made pizza crust....( I love the Pillsbury in the can when you're tired...or even when you aren't!)
3/4 C Cento Pizza Sauce
2 grilled Apple and Chicken Sausages sliced thinly
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained and chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, diced and steamed slightly in microwave
lots of fresh mozzarella cheese, diced and spread all over
parmesan cheese
3 tomatoes sliced thinly
6 basil leaves, torn and spread over pizza
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
spread dough onto greased pizza pan...spread sauce evenly..sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Spread sliced, grilled sausages over top, sprinkle with green bell pepper, mushrooms and fresh mozzarella....Top with tomato slices, sprinkle basil on top and cover heavily with shredded mozzarella!!
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until slightly brown! let sit for 5 minutes before serving...If you can!!!
Enjoy!!!
seriously...I can't even remember the last "new" movie we've watched or the last time we've stayed in on a Friday night...it finally felt right...even as we near the empty nest stage! I think I've been fighting that and I don't know exactly why except that I think in the back of my brain I think we are having to "give up " something! Which couldn't be further from the truth! Tonight..we gained alot! Time alone...Enjoyable time...time in our house which we never have since we both work...and time to sit and relax and watch a movie!!! That's unheard of in our vocabulary!!! On top of all that!!! We invented and named a pizza in it's honor!! The Tourist!!!
on top of all that!!!! we must go to Venice soon!!! this movie so made me want to travel!!!!
My fav pizza - your basil looks fantastic. I don't even have any planted yet. I better get my butt in gear.
ReplyDeletethanks~wish the basil would last! i've got it in pots this time as it's never done well in this heat in the ground! The cilantro looks great too!!! for now!!!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a delightful night and your pizza looks awfully good. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary
ReplyDelete