Voting

Monday, May 9, 2011

Where I Blog and Why!

Where I blog is really the easy part of this particular post! It's the "why" that may take a while to define!
but....this week I'm part of a "linky" party and we've been asked to describe where we blog!!! 
see my tennis shoes? 
Having said that..."Welcome to my world!"
I sit in the same room, in the same chair every time I blog! Unless we are at the beach...but even there I have my same room and my same sofa! Anyway...I never, ever blog at the same time of day because that  would be virtually impossible for me! I never know when an inspiration to write might hit me...and I'm 
certainly not home alot during the day being that I own my own shop. Usually...I blog very late at night
much to my husbands dismay! It is causing me to be really sleepy lately so I'm trying to come up with a better solution!
Rosie!

Maybe I should ask my "blogging partner"! LOL! She sits in her same chair right beside my chair being that she can't sit with my while I'm holding my laptop! But she is always faithful and never leaves until I get up! She may drift off every now and then!

Now on to the "why" part!

 I've wanted to write for as long as I can remember! It's really the best way I can express myself...or truly communicate my feelings! When I try to talk about them alot of times it just doesn't come out the way I intend for it to! Also, it's my favorite way to relax besides cooking! I deal with people all day long and so when I get home I love to cook in my own little world until my family comes home or to sit in my sunroom and think about the things that happened or the people I met or the recipes I want to try, etc....
And...it's pretty much like keeping a journal of my thoughts or my prayer requests and it's extremely therapeutic for me! Not so sure it is for everyone else out there...but then I guess they don't have to read it if they don't want to!
Ok-a quick explanation of what I have to blog about!
I am married to the love of my life...we will celebrate our 28th Anniversary this August!

my wonderful husband, Jim

I have three wonderful children: my oldest, Mitch is married to Britney and they have my precious 4 year old grandaughter, Layton!


my second, Holly is married to her high school sweet heart Brad..and they will celebrate their 2nd Anniversary next month! Hard to believe!

 my youngest, Miller is 17 and is finishing his junior year in high school! You can bet I will be blogging away next year as I prepare to be an empty nester and try not to cry all of the time!



I love to cook, read, try to grow vegetables and relax at the beach when we can! I've had an anitque shop for almost 12 years and I still love it! It too is an "outlet"!




I've had so much fun getting to know the women in my blog group and we are still in the process of trying to come up with a fun name for our group. Each of them have such interesting lives and seem very similar to me in the reasons we do what we do! I've also met several wonderful "friends" through blogging all over the country and we truly have built some close friendships and bonds. They've been encouraging to me and definitely   helped me to learn how to be a better blogger!













7 comments:

  1. Looks like you got your link figured out! Your blog spot looks great! And such a nice family!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Carolyn! Love all of the family pictures. Let's not forget the beautiful doggie.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks....but I still don't know how to get the simple little blog guidebook button on here! It's this kind of stuff that drives me crazy and eats up all of my time!!! I definitely need to take a class...or two...or three!! ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Carolyn, thank you for joining the linky party...love your post...your family is so beautiful! I will help you get that darn button up there too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn, so much fun to see your precious family growing up! I felt like i knew them years ago...and then life got SO busy :-) For us Moms, change is not so easy, but aren't these fun times too?! Much love, dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post, Carolyn! Love seeing the family pics. BTW - you really should be dishing out your beauty secrets. How do you stay so young?! I really wish I lived closer so I could frequent your shop - I love antiques!! Nearly every hard piece of furniture in my home is an English-countryside antique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your family is so beautiful! I found you via the Where's Your Blog Spot party and am happy to be your newest follower! I'd love a visit back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com! :)

    ReplyDelete