Ok..this was 28 years ago!!! and it LOOKS it!!! At least it has Mitch's 2 paternal great-grandmothers and both of his grandmothers and ME in this "wonderful" picture!!!! all in this lovely pic at my baby shower for him!!!! Who let me cut my hair off at 8 1/2 months pregnant??? NOT a good look!!!!!!!!!After we left the hospital...our best friends for a LIFETIME came to visit!!! Sharon and Roy Gilbert!!!
Here we go with a new addition to the family......his sister, Holly!!! ( now don't forget...this is about the WOMEN in his life!!!! tomorrow will be the men!!!)
Holly has been by his side since the minute she arrived on this earth!!! His #1 fan....until Britney and Layton that is!!!! ( and obviously....after me!!! )
It's pretty hard to love Mitch more than sweet Layton does!
But Holly gives her a run for her money!!!!
However....as his mother....I'm trying to stay ahead of them!!! it's hard since they love him so much!
And there is my mother!!! Who helped me raise him basically since I was so young!!! Jim and i could never have done this without the support of my family and Jim's family! I am forever grateful!!! And look.... "WE" raised Mitch to the best of our ability!!!! ....SIMPLY by trusting in God's faithfulness to all generations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and boy, do I love these generations!!! I love the fact that Layton has so many cousins, 2nd cousins, Aunts, Uncles, etc......
Every bit of that helps in raising a family....and it helps your own children raise a child!!! Mitch was raised by a "Village" I can tell you!!! and for that..........I am forever grateful!!!
There are so many times that I wish my children were still young....and yet I am so blessed to be able to see Mitch with his own daughter....
and the wife that a parent can only pray for....the wife of my dreams for Mitch!!!!
Thank you, Lord for the family that you have blessed us with!!! Such precious memories!!!!!
A precious ballerina for a grandaughter!!!!
A child that loves her daddy and "demands" his attention!!!!!
A child that has a smile that will melt your heart away in a second!!!!!
A child that has the same energy that her precious father had!!!!!!!!
Wish I had known how to appreciate his endless energy at the time!!!!!!!!!!
Now I savor it and long for it!!!! I wish I could go back....just for a day!!!!!!
to re-live what it felt like to kiss his precious cheek!!!!!
I am forever grateful for a mother in law that loves me enough to love my children!!!!
AND.....my children's children!!!!!!
For loving Mitch and taking him into your wonderful family!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Almost Birthday, Mitch!!!!!!!!!
Mitch, No one loves you more than I do.....or your father....or your Heavenly Father!!!! Happy Almost Birthday!!!










Such a beautiful and thoughtful post, Carolyn.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
xoxo
very sweet...love all the pics
ReplyDeleteOk, I am crying now! What a wonderful tribute to Mitch! Love to all!
ReplyDeleteThank you all for your very sweet comments....this was truly from a Mother's heart....now working on the Men in Mitch's life!!! and boy....I better hurry!!!! Cause tomorrow is his REAL Birthday!!! and then...all it is is a celebration!!! The party side of Mitch!!!! :)
ReplyDelete