Today...I got the best news I've had in a very long time! On top of the "hackers" ruining mine and Jim's joy...on top of me being stuck in the house recovering so to speak for the past 4 days...i know...i know...it's not that long!! !! ( I think alot of it was depression!) and being extremely sick from my antibiotic! we finally found out that Jim is stuck with me until the next scare!! Seriously, though...we were waiting on a biopsy from a VERY suspicious mole that crept up on me overnight! I've truly never felt fear like that and I really watched it take over me and it was not a good feeling! I tried and tried to get out of it...but then when I got sick from the medicine I couldn't...then I doubted everything and I thought...for the love...this is what alot of my friends are going through or have been through with cancer, etc...and of course...God's love was always there....I just sometimes wanted to wallow in self pity...but why I did that I will never know because I finally felt peace...and I knew I had to get out!!! and then all of this lovely hacker stuff started and it took my mind off of my diagnosis! Seriously! I was too busy to worry! For those of you that don't know me well that is a REAL accomplishment! Thank You, Lord!! By the time I got alot of the internet stuff handled...my precious mother in law was in the shop and in my office and I was complaining because of how hard the day had been! all of a sudden she mentioned that she had been to see Dr. Bailey for her spider bite and of course I immediately answered with ..."Did you ask him about my results?" She answered by saying...he just told me that he called you with the good news! Of course...me...in my pessimistic personality said...are you sure he meant ME? and she said, Carolyn....it's ME, MaryAnne! meaning...for the love of all that's good! I'm your mother in law!! of course he meant you! I told her...I can't talk about it or I will cry if it's not true!! ( When did I get so dramatic? ) Sweet MaryAnne just said...don't cry...it's true...he told me! He talked to you!~ oh well...atleast it was on my answering machine and then he also called! Bless his everloving heart! He worked me in in a severe moment of panic! And God also ordained that! (details later!)
All of this to say...Don't Believe the Lie!! I don't care if you are teenagers struggling with whats right or what's wrong...or adults struggling in marriage, child raising, helping a friend in need...Don't Believe the Lie!!! That is just giving in and we certainly don't want to do that! Sure...you might think that's the easier way out!! but then I have to say why? Isn't it so much easier to turn to Someone who loves you...who accepts you just the way you are? Why do we as humans make life so much more complicated than it needs to be?!!! God offers us His love and Hope! all we have to do is accept it........that's it! He promises us to take it from there if we will just let Him!
I hope the link to the song works! If not...I'm putting up the lyrics or you can just google it. Jim and I heard it on the way home tonight and I just knew it was meant for me....I hope it's meant for you as well...
The Lie lyrics
Performed by: Matthew West
Everybody's doing it
Everybody's going out tonight
All your friends are feeling it
Whatever it is that makes you feel all right
Everybody knows that anything goes
And everything you want is just across the line
Step into the flow, go all the way tonight
Chorus:
Don't believe the lie
Don't buy in to what they sell you
It'll only make you cry
I've been there and I'm here to tell you
What you got inside your soul
Deep down you know
The truth won't hide
Don't believe the lie
Don't believe the lie
Oh here comes the morning sun
It's shining down over what you've done
And all you feel is empty
And you don't know why it felt like so much fun
Here comes that voice again, it's acting like your friend
With a whisper in your ear
"You fell too far this time"
Chorus:
Don't believe the lie
Don't buy in to what they sell you
It'll only make you cry
I've been there and I'm here to tell you
What you got inside your soul
Deep down you know
The truth won't hide
Don't believe the lie
No don't believe the lie
Bridge:
Like a thief it will come to steal and kill and destroy
Oh, but you don't have to let it take your joy anymore
Oh now, you were made for so much more than this
You were made for so much more than this
I promise this
I promise this
You were made for so much more
So don't give in
No don't give in
When you stand your ground you won't stand alone
Chorus:
Don't believe the lie
Don't buy in to what they sell you
It'll only make you cry
I've been there and I'm here to tell you
What you got inside your soul
Deep down you know
The truth won't hide
So don't believe the lie
Oh no no no no no no
Don't believe the lie
You were made for so much more than this
You were made for so much more than this
I promise this
I promise this
You were made for so much more
Everybody's going out tonight
All your friends are feeling it
Whatever it is that makes you feel all right
Everybody knows that anything goes
And everything you want is just across the line
Step into the flow, go all the way tonight
Chorus:
Don't believe the lie
Don't buy in to what they sell you
It'll only make you cry
I've been there and I'm here to tell you
What you got inside your soul
Deep down you know
The truth won't hide
Don't believe the lie
Don't believe the lie
Oh here comes the morning sun
It's shining down over what you've done
And all you feel is empty
And you don't know why it felt like so much fun
Here comes that voice again, it's acting like your friend
With a whisper in your ear
"You fell too far this time"
Chorus:
Don't believe the lie
Don't buy in to what they sell you
It'll only make you cry
I've been there and I'm here to tell you
What you got inside your soul
Deep down you know
The truth won't hide
Don't believe the lie
No don't believe the lie
Bridge:
Like a thief it will come to steal and kill and destroy
Oh, but you don't have to let it take your joy anymore
Oh now, you were made for so much more than this
You were made for so much more than this
I promise this
I promise this
You were made for so much more
So don't give in
No don't give in
When you stand your ground you won't stand alone
Chorus:
Don't believe the lie
Don't buy in to what they sell you
It'll only make you cry
I've been there and I'm here to tell you
What you got inside your soul
Deep down you know
The truth won't hide
So don't believe the lie
Oh no no no no no no
Don't believe the lie
You were made for so much more than this
You were made for so much more than this
I promise this
I promise this
You were made for so much more

love it & absolutely true! -diane
ReplyDeleteCarolyn, I am so happy that all is well! You didn't tell me this.
ReplyDeleteYou really have a had an eventful few days.
Take care and get better.
Teresa
xoxo
Carolyn take good care of yourself, sometimes we all need healing space.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your Award!!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena