1 box pudding recipe devil's food cake mix
1/2 C sugar
1/3 C oil
3 eggs
3/4 C water
1/4 C bourbon
1/2 C kahlua
3/4 C strong brewed black coffee
2 t cocoa
1/3 C chocolate chips
1/2 C butter
1 C sugar
1/3 C evaporated milk
1 1/2 C chocolate chips
mix cake mix, sugar, oil, eggs, water, bourbon, kalua , coffee and cocoa together in a mixer for 4 minutes atleast!!!
pour into a greased bundt pan and bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Let cool 10-20 minutes and put on a cake plate.
Heat butter, sugar, and evaporated milk in a saucepan. Boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly! Add chocolate chips quickly. Wisk till smooth and pour over cake.
Serve with vanilla ice cream ( or ice cream of choice!) and homemade chocolate sauce!!!
Yummy!!!!!
Homemade Chocolate Sauce
2 T butter
4 squares unsweetened chocolate
1 C sugar
dash salt
Large can evaporated milk
melt butter and chocolate together and add sugar, stir or wisk till melted..... add dash salt, gradually add evaporated milk. Let simmer at a low boil for 2 minutes....stirring...do not let burn!!!! add 1 t vanilla when done.....
This is the best in the world!!! It is Jim's mother's recipe!!! She is KNOWN for her chocolate!!!
sounds wonderful, shared it on ND Kitchen's facebook.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Shannon! Try the Chicken and Dumplings from The Adirondack Baker! They were really good!!! Not just like my great grandmothers! but then...what is??? I will say...that might just be the best cake I've had in a long time!!! Will share my mother in laws chocolate sauce if you want it!!!
ReplyDeleteoh, wait...just saw where I already gave that recipe!! ha ha!!! should've kept that one a secret!!! :) One day...I should write a cookbook of my mom's and my mother in laws recipes!!! On top of all of our grandmother's and great grandmother's!!! Thats all I cook from....until I venture out!!!!
ReplyDelete