
One would think that a pantry would be a simple thing!!! Until I read and saw some of the posts that people had put up on Relish Magazines site!!! WOW!!! That took me down memory lane!!!! The blue and white corning ware dish that my mom made my favorite birthday meal in every year of my life until I was married, and then some!!. the McKenzie Child's dishes that I've collected over the years with my husband and children giving them to me as gifts!!! The cast iron skillets i got from my Grandmother!!!! and now.... the wonderful clay pottery that my husband gave me for Christmas!!!!! He picked it out all by himself!!! He knew I was trying to replace a special piece of pottery that I cook in all the time for our family but because I broke the handle years ago... I would NEVER serve this in public in this dish!!! WOW!!!! bet he didn't know he has started me on a new quest of collecting!!! and...trust me...I'm the queen of collecting! I own an antiques shop and am known, unfortunately, for me...as the transferware person...the creamware person, the ironstone person!!! Now.... I guess I'm going to be known as the La Chamba person!!! or the person that loves to cook with clay!!! OH MY!!!! wonder what Jim will give me for my birthday!!!! Probably a "do not pass go card on collecting!!!!! "
LOVE IT!!!! Hope my pantry will look like this one day, and hopefully soon!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetie!!! So glad to know my daughter really does listen and care!!! ha ha!!! Your pantry will look much better!!!
ReplyDelete